Skip to toolbar

Home Forums Silicon Valley Study Tour – August 2019 Toscana Silicon Valley 2019

Toscana Silicon Valley 2019

Home Forums Silicon Valley Study Tour – August 2019 Toscana Silicon Valley 2019

3 replies, 3 voices Last updated by Federico Castaldi Cuppari 5 years ago
  • Paolo Marenco
    Participant
    @paolomarenco

Here we are  to select students from Toscana Universities to attend  the Silicon Valley Study Tour 2019. The selection will be made according the discussion here and your  Linkedin page within  May 2019.  Andrea Calcagno  and Leonardo Senatore , graduated from University and Normale di Pisa are among  our best Mentor in Silicon Valley.

The next Tour will be the first for Students , managers and entrepreneurs.

After years of distinct Tours we understood that mixing the age and experience of attendees is a great value for both.

We’ll promote this Tour together with Bari partners in Universities and in Innovation Centers of the Region .

The goal is multiply the SVST 2018 effects that we can synthetise as follow:

1- 37 attendees students in Italian Universities coming from 8 different countries, with 16 female the largest number ever.

2 – Three month  interships each after the SVST for 2 Business students from Trento and Pisa University- Stefania Tibiletti–  in Cloud4wi ,  and Piemonte Orientale University, Claudio De Santis in A3-Cube 

Both Stefania and Claudio are today employed in the 2 companies

3- Mix  students with managers and professionals attending together the Tour, to extend the effect seen in August 2018 among  Generale Francesco Vestito, Head of Cyber Security task of Ministero della Difesa and Captain Giuseppe Cannatà- the minds and arm of Cyber Range in progress in Chiavari (GE).

4- A book ” Tra Italia e Silicon Valley. I migranti tech dal 2000 al 2018″ written by 60 Italians in Silicon Valley to tell their story. The book will be given before the Tour to the attendees  of SVST 2019, as an unique information base.

Are you a student or a manager entrepreneur based in Toscana interested to join the SVST 2019 Tour?

introduce yourself here!

We are happy to launch this discussion Forum with the report written by Pavia University student Lara Princivalle, great attendee of SVST 2015, now working in Trento.

Finally  what the attendee Fabio Vantaggiato Business Grad of Milano Bicocca University kept from the experience.

Lorenzo Daidone
    @lorenzodaidone

Dear all,

I’m Lorenzo Daidone and I’ll be the moderator of this forum so I will walk you guys through the selection process of SVST 2019. I attended the Silicon Valley Study Tour this summer. This experience changed my life and my career. I’m the CEO of estro, machine learning-based rehabilitation technologies startup.

The selections for the 2019 participants as you know, will be based on your activity on this forum so keep it simplebe creative and interact with one another.

In just over two months, Nvidia’s shares have lost nearly half of their value. The GPU manufacturer’s shares were trading at $281.02 on September 28—an all-time high for the 25-year-old giant. In December 14, they traded as low as $146.45.
    This could be a signal about crypto’s immediate future.
    When the crypto boom began, Nvidia’s GPUs were considered standard for mining rigs. As the value of cryptocurrencies skyrocketed, so did interest in mining. That created a surge in demand for Nvidia’s chips. By Q2 of 2018, purchases from crypto miners accounted for nearly 10% of Nvidia’s revenue.

I’m very curious about your relationship with cryptocurrencies. Have you ever invested in them? Do you know anyone who did it? And would you start doing it now?
    Don’t forget to first introduce yourself if you haven’t already 🙂

Best,
    Lorenzo

Lorenzo Daidone
    @lorenzodaidone

I would like to share with you my crowdfunding story. When I was selected to partecipate in the experience I was really excited but I wasn’t able to pay it…but in the end I went to California!

For many of you the crowdfunding way could be a good opportunity.

How did I do? Find out more at: https://youtu.be/eY5UxCM_Ras

Federico Castaldi Cuppari
    Participant
    @federicocastaldicuppari

Hi everybody and Happy Easter!

I’m Federico Castaldi Cuppari, a 23 years old Master’s student in Strategy, Management and Control at the University of Pisa. I completed a double Bachelor degree in Business Management, studying two years in Pisa and attending the last one at the University of South Wales (UK). Here is my LinkedIn profile, with more information about my experiences.

I had the opportunity to get to know the SVST from your last year’s presentation in Pisa and from two friends who participated in the previous editions and told me how visiting the Silicon Valley positively changed their lives.

I like to always challenge myself and to go out of my comfort zone in order to improve myself. I’m particularly interested in innovation and in everything that represents an improvement for society. For these reasons, I truly think that the SVST would be a great opportunity for me! Indeed, I think that visiting the Silicon Valley, a place where everything is possible and where failure by itself does not exist except as a means to achieve success, would represent a huge boost for my personal and professional growth as it would further open my mind and would give me incredible energies to achieve my future goals.

Let’s now move to the interesting topics raised by Lorenzo.

I’ve never invested in cryptocurrencies so far due to the high levels of unpredictability that characterize this relatively new market. Indeed, since they are not linked to any value outside the digital world (apart from some cases), cryptocurrencies are instruments comparable to securities and are therefore subject to supply and demand fluctuations. The trends of the last two years have shown very high volatility, just think of the value of Bitcoins.

In this context, Nvidia is one of the companies that highly benefited from the development of cryptocurrencies, thanks to the interest in its GPUs coming from crypto miners, whose purchases represented nearly the 10% of Nvidia’s revenue in Q2’18 (as highlighted by Lorenzo). Indeed, while Nvidia’s market cap was around $15b at the end of 2015, it drastically increased since the crypto boom began in 2016: now, despite the sharp decline recorded between September and December 2018, the company has a market cap of ~$120b. Thus, Nvidia registered an 8x increase in its market cap in just three and a half years.

The performance of the cryptocurrency market assumes further value in the future of Nvidia, as it could represent an important revenue stream in a moment in which the company is facing new competition from startups, like the Chinese ‘Cambricon Technologies’ which aims to play an important role in the AI chip race.

So, here some cues for you:

– Do you think the cryptocurrency market will stabilize sooner or later?

– How do you see competition in the chip market? Will Nvidia manage to protect its leadership from the new challenges?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘Toscana Silicon Valley 2019’ is closed to new replies.
Lost Password

@

Not recently active