Home Forums Silicon Valley Study Tour – 20-26 August 2017 Padova Silicon Valley 2017

35 replies, 5 voices Last updated by Marta Pancaldi 6 years, 11 months ago
  • Paolo Marenco
    Participant
    @paolomarenco

Here we are! Ready to start the selection of Veneto University attendees to SVST

Ready to start discussion?

• This topic was modified 7 years, 5 months ago by admin.
    • This topic was modified 7 years, 5 months ago by Paolo Marenco.
    • This topic was modified 7 years, 5 months ago by Paolo Marenco.
    Ismaele
    @ismaelepaoli

I’m ready!

Paolo Marenco
    Participant
    @paolomarenco

Hi Ismaele, tell something about you! ….and than your feeling about this challenge. Did you enjoy the conference? any question?

Ismaele
    @ismaelepaoli

I’m 22 years old, I graduated for my bachelor degree in Economics and Business and I attend the master in Business Administration in Padua. I’ve been in Lisbon for the Erasmus project and I did my internship in a multinational company. Furthermore, I’m very interested about innovative ideas and new logics that lead market in different directions. I attended the Social Media Day event in Milan last October and I’m pretty excited to visit H-Farm for a Start-Up event next week!

I really appreciated the conference because I saw positive feelings and emotions in your faces, and this challenge is simply fantastic…Silicon Valley is a different planet in my opinion! The best place in the world to open your mind and think different!

I’d really like to join the tour because I think it is an amazing opportunity to learn a lot, to meet people with different vision and visit awesome companies!

Just one question: for students that will be accepted to partecipate, it would be possible to have the opportunity to remain there, let’s say, for 1 or 2 months somehow? (I mean to make unpaid work experience without super-high costs).

Thanks for your attention Paolo!

Paolo Marenco
    Participant
    @paolomarenco

Hey Ismaele! nice connection…so you were not in the Event in Padua Economics , prof Paolo Gubitta organized last monday 27 to present SVST?  How did you find us? I appreciate yr interest . For sure it’s possible to stay more after the Tour up to 3 months in total ( for VISA ESTA rule)

You can stay  in 2 ways:

1- organizing yourself covering yr costs, having the links from our network you may interested in.

2- another chance is to organize- we did it last years – a Tech Scouting Project for students interested to stay more. In this case we  look -or the student himself-  for  one or more  companies interested to have a tech scouting project realized by you guys- girls after the Tour. Think  about it!

Ismaele
    @ismaelepaoli

Yes I was in the event in Padua and I also liked that connection in real time with the Italian guy in US! I also remember the quick report of Lorenzo’s experience, so I wanted to know more about this topic and thank you for these info about opportunities… I’m really interested in!

Is it possible to make work experience with yr network’s links?

How did the Tech Scouting Project go last year? Is there a way to learn more about it (the project itself, companies interested, ect.)?

Thanks Paolo!

Paolo Marenco
    Participant
    @paolomarenco

You find on the web site http://www.techscoutsv.com  the description of the companies and tech scouts ( 2 of them from Verona) . In the past we had the project supported by the Foreign Ministry, no more now. The support can come only by interested companies to the project. Better find the companies in the relevant region ( your case Veneto) . I can talk about to Andrea Povelato, the senior was in the first row in our copnference, Veneto Chapter Manager of Startup Grind.  Also H farm could be a good environment where finding interested companies

Ismaele
    @ismaelepaoli

I’ve been looking for opportunities and I’ll continue to do it. It’s a pity that the Foreign Ministry does not support the project anymore. Anyway I hope to find something else! I remember Andrea Povelato, sat in the first row in the conference and thank you a lot for talking about to him! So let’s see a good solution!

Thanks Paolo, see you soon!

Paolo Marenco
    Participant
    @paolomarenco
     I advice you to read (at least) the abstract of this inspiring book 
    Ismaele
    @ismaelepaoli

Very interesting, I’ve just bought it. Thanks Paolo!

Have you got any other book title to suggest?

Paolo Marenco
    Participant
    @paolomarenco

Adam Grant book is another must…and is my mantra!

Ismaele
    @ismaelepaoli

Very inspiring and challenging!

I also enjoyed this speech (probably you already know it)!

• This reply was modified 7 years, 3 months ago by Ismaele.
    Paolo Marenco
    Participant
    @paolomarenco

really cool, thks Ismaele

Daniele Bassani
    Participant
    @daniele

I’m ready!

Paolo Marenco
    Participant
    @paolomarenco

Hi Daniele, Why you are interested? Which is your story? and your goal?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 36 total)
  • The topic ‘Padova Silicon Valley 2017’ is closed to new replies.