Home Forums Silicon Valley Study Tour – August 2020 Go to Silicon Valley Virtually 2020

167 replies, 52 voices Last updated by Paolo Marenco 3 years, 4 months ago
  • Gabriele Mosca
    Participant
    @gabrielemosca

Hello everybody!!

My name is Gabriele Mosca, I’m 19 years old and I’m currently studying in the first year of Business Economics at the University of Genoa. I have a lot of different passions: some of them are about business, entrepreneurship and finance.

I would like to take part of the Silicon Valley Study Tour project because I really think it is a great opportunity for me to learn important things and improve my skills. It would help me to achieve my goal: be an entrepreneur and create my own startup and then use the earned money to make my dreams come true and live the life I always wanted…by doing what I love, whatever I want, whenever I want.

The reason of such goal is not only the money of course but because in my life I always knew that I was born to create something big and useful, even that big that It can change the entire world in a positive way. I want to be part of the change.

I am aware that this is going to take a lot of time and it will be extremely difficult.

It doesn’t matter. I will do everything it takes.

Gabriele

PS: can’t wait to see the next meeting and discuss with you all 😉
    <div id=”gtx-trans” style=”position: absolute; left: -7px; top: 402.578px;”>
    <div class=”gtx-trans-icon”></div>
    </div>

Chiara
    @chiarasperto

Hello everyone! I’m Chiara! I am truly honored to participate in this creepy experience! It is an opportunity to get to know a whole new world for me! I study Communication Sciences, in particular in the fields of Innovation and Multimedia, at the University of Pavia. The idea of being in contact with people living on the other side of the world, excites me too much!
    I am sure we will learn a lot! I am very curious to see how this path will evolve and I can’t wait to start!

See you Wednesday! A greeting to all!

• This reply was modified 3 years, 11 months ago by Chiara.
    • This reply was modified 3 years, 11 months ago by Chiara.
    Paolo Marenco
    Participant
    @paolomarenco

Hey you pioneers of this Forum!

Happy to invite you, in advance of our start on May 13, to follow this talk of Silvio SanginetoMay 10th, 11am, a great inspiring  guy, mentor and  friend that hosted last Silicon Valley Study Tour Group August 2019 in Macy’s San Francisco, his last job before moving to Microsoft one week ago 

You will appreciate it

Valerio Marco
    @valeriomarcociampi

Hey guys, nice to meet you all!

I’m Valerio Marco Ciampi, almost 28. I graduated in 2018 in Communication, Innovation and Multimedia and I’m currently studying Digital Communication at the University of Pavia. Actually I’m a non-attending student because, after a six month internship, I have been hired as Digital Marketing Assistant in Speexx, a language service provider company: I feel so lucky given the COVID-19 situation.

I’m so exciting about these webinars. I look forward to hearing and learning from the best Italian speaker in Silicon Valley and then talk about the topics with all of you. I think that this opportunity comes once in a lifetime: the chance to visit California, the chance to visit the Silicon Valley having a look so closely at all the companies that, basically, are running the digital world and not only. And last, but not least: since I was a kid I’ve had this dream call United States. I’ll probably cry…

Anyway, you guys can add me on Linkedin and have a lovely talk about our passions. It would be so great and I’ll be please of that!!!

I hope to see and meet you all soon, have a good day! 😀

Valerio Marco Ciampi

Marta Pancaldi
    Participant
    @martapancaldi

Hi everybody, so nice to see so many new faces! 😀

My name is Marta, I’m 24 and I’m originally from Reggio Emilia. I’ve done my Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science at the University of Bolzano, with an exchange semester in the USA, then I’ve moved to England where I’ve obtained a MSc in Software Engineering, and lived and worked in Manchester since, precisely as a software dev at Booking.com Transport (formerly known as Rentalcars.com).

I took part in the SVST 2017 (Paolo will remember what an incredible trip that was for me, flying to San Francisco for the tour and then immediately leaving for Shanghai to attend another event – craziest 3 weeks of my life) and as you can imagine it was an incredible opportunity for me to get to know how big tech companies work and learn that everyone’s success lies in the road to it.

Sadly this year this pesky virus thing won’t allow you guys to experience the Silicon Valley in a physical way, but at least it’s a chance for me and hopefully many other “SVST veterans” to jump in and enjoy those moments one more time, as well as for you to know brilliant people and their amazing stories!

Feel free to get in touch and ask me anything 🙂

Daniel Felipe
    @danielfelipeorozcolopez

Hello everybody!

My name is Daniel Orozco, I’m from Colombia but I’m currently attending my first year of the master’s degree in Electronic Engineering at Politecnico di Torino, after having applied to the double degree program during my bachelor’s degree in Electronic Engineering at Pontificia Universidad Javeriana in Bogotá, Colombia.

Since I started my engineering career, my taste for new technologies have led me to look for different places that would allow me to learn, strengthen and apply new knowledge obtained by carrying out activities that I feel passionate about, a good example of this is being an active part of the Robotics Research Seedbed Javex Robotics of the Department of Electronic Engineering at Pontificia Universidad Javeriana since its creation, having the opportunity to participate in five Robotics National Tournaments obtaining first place in all of these and in four International Competitions (VEX Robotics World Championship) held in the United States, achieving best fourth place in the world and winning awards such as the Creation and Teamwork. Those recognitions allowed us to take the name of our university to the highest level.

When I arrived at PoliTo I began my search for a new group where I could continue to grow not only as an engineer, but also as a person, which is why I became part of the Icarus FlyTeam of PoliTo in the electronic circuits section, this team has been working since 2015 on three different projects, from the design and construction of competitive UAVs (ACC project), passing through innovative UAVs (RA project) and rocket models (DART project).

My aim in life is to apply my knowledge of engineering to bring solutions for daily life problems that society is passing through. Silicon Valley itself is a way to embrace diversity, as it gives us the opportunity to open our minds to new knowledge, to get to know our capacities and I believe it is the perfect opportunity to keep learning and satisfying my curiosity by researching and getting to know new technologies, as it has always been my motivation. It would also allow me to grow personally and to share knowledge and experiences with others respecting people from different backgrounds while working on a common goal.

Looking forward to meeting you all very soon. Can´t wait to get started.

Daniel Orozco.

Katia Palma
    @katia-palma

Nice to meet you!

I am Katia Palma. I am 20 years old and I am attending the faculty of International and Diplomatic Sciences in Genoa.

I am fascinated by the world in all his aspects!

I am curious, and this attitude has always been the engine of my whole  life!

How can I become  an International Diplomat? Is this possible?

I do not have the answers to these questions, but I know that I must try to reach my dream job, although the length of the journey!

We will never have enough of life lessons!

Mohamad
    @alamehm

Hello all !

I am Mohamad.

I am a Ph.D student at University of Genova Italy, Computer Engineering.

It is my pleasure to participate in this first SVST virtual tour, as it was also my pleasure to be one of the winners of the 1st SVST Hackathon in Sestri Levante, Italy 2019.

I hope this tour will give me the opportunity to meet successful people from Giant Companies, and also the people will be the next successful generation.

Not good to talk about myself a lot.

Actions speak louder than words !

Herein, is my LinkedIn profile, to give you an idea about my experience.

Meet you soon !

Mohamad

Matteo Miglietta
    @matteomiglietta

Hi everyone,

I’m Matteo Miglietta, I attend the master in marketing and global markets at the Bicocca University in Milan. I also work in a startup accelerator as a business analyst and marketer.

It’s a real pleasure to meet you, it will be really interesting to participate in the first virtual SVST and discuss various topics with you.
    I hope to be able to visit silicon valley not only through my pc.

Can´t wait to get started.

Matteo Miglietta

Silvia Giammarinaro
    @silviag

Hi everyone!

My name is Silvia Giammarinaro, I’m currently enrolled in Data science and engineering at Politecnico di Torino.

Last July I graduated in Computer Engineering and I’m working as a junior programmer at a small company based in Collegno.

Looking forward to see you later!

Eleonora
    @eleonoracarletti

Hi everyone!

My name is Eleonora Carletti and I’m a Data Science and Engineering master course student.

I’ve always been strongly passionate in programming.
    As a teen I started developing mobile app games for fun and that was the reason why I decided to attend a Computer Engineering course.
    While attending my bachelor I had the opportunity to travel to China for one year, learning a new language and getting to know a different beautiful culture.

During my life I also collaborated in lots of projects regarding the app world and this experience taught me to think also outside the code only job.
    As a consequence I decided to apply for a Costumer Facing role at Microsoft and I did a six months internship there.

Recently I got interested in the AI world and in particular in the big potential that this technology has in helping people performing everyday tasks.

Another field I’m working on is education: I’m a coach at Futurmakers technology school.
    Beside of giving classes, I’m also studying strategies and softwares to bring kids close to the tech world at a very young age.

I decided to apply for this project because I think that this can be an extremely good opportunity to get to know better new technologies and latest discovers made in my field of study.

I’m really looking forward to meet you all!

Eleonora Carletti

Katia Palma
    @katia-palma

Hi guys!
    I’m Katia, a 20 years old student from Genoa.

How inspiring this first conference has been!
    Paolo Marenco really left me speechless with his story!

I’ve always wanted to go to study and work in Australia for a period.

As I dream to become an International Diplomat, I’m really concerned in the business of start-ups and, in particular, in people’s approach to them.

I think that, to understand the world and its dynamics, you need to live and comprehend the reality around the Globe.

I agree with Andrea Baldini thought about the difficulties of starting or joining a start-up.

You must be very strong, mentally and physically, to succeed in this field.

You may need a lot money – you probably won’t have at the beginning-, experiences, degrees…
    but do you know a thing?

INTELLIGENCE and resourcefulness are the keys to succeed in life. ALWAYS.

I hope to touch start-ups reality with you in America in 2021 and to have the confirm to my opinions.

What do you think about guys?

Regards,

Katia Palma

Christian
    @christianpaesante

Hello everyone!

My name is Christian Paesante and I’m attending the first year of the Master in Data Science and Engineering at PoliTo, after having graduated in Computer Engineering at the same university.

From the first year at PoliTo I started integrating my studies with personal projects and internships. Learning on my own programming languages first and large scale architecture patterns later, I really got passionate in Software Engineering.

Two years ago in fact I started a project based on microservices, but the hardest thing I found was to find people with which exchange ideas on that topic and to find companies in Italy that deals with that technology. I’m really obsessed with the infrastructural quality of the products big tech companies offers, the scale at which they can operate and the engineering culture inside of them. I really wanted to see from the inside the state-of-the-art technology of some products we use everyday, as well as the complexity, difficulties and the organization that there’s around them.

With this in mind I landed an interview at Amazon at November, but it didn’t end successfully and the time there was too short to ask very technical questions to the recruiters. When I read about the Silicon Valley Tour, I thought this could be good chance to meet really interesting people which are from/worked in that area, ask a lot of questions, learn a lot from them and try to take part the tour and visit the “Dreamland” of every Software Engineer.

Christian Paesante

Roberta
    @robertarizzo

Hi!

I’m Roberta. I’m 20 years old and I’m a first year student at University of Catania in Sicily. I’m studying industrial engineering, with particular attention to computer science and economics. I’m personally interested in technology and innovation with a big regard for privacy and internet security. I believe that internet is the most powerful tool humans have made but it needs to be used in a smart way so that we can fully use all its potential. I love languages, especially English, in fact I’ve studied it ever since I was a little child. I also have a background in classical studies, such as Latin and Ancient Greek. I’ve studied them in high school and I believe they give me another perspective on what I study today that I wouldn’t get otherwise. I’ve also been to England and Ireland during summer for one month each and I’ve done many cultural exchanges with people from Greece and Hungary. The key to personal growth is knowing your value and shooting for the stars: with constant self-improvement you can reach whatever you desire!

I’m passionate about knowing how the world evolves and how big is the contribution that technology and programming have given to it. That’s mainly the reason I chose my field of study. In the future I want to specialize in Data Science or doing something related to climate change, such as Environmental Enginnering.

I’m very excited about this program and the fact that, despite this difficult period that we’re all facing, Internet gives us the possibility to connect and discuss together with such innovative people.

I think that innovation comes from not just good technical abilities but also from the fact of loving the world we live in and trying to make it better day by day. Finding things you’re passionate about gives you the strenght to work hard every day to achieve whatever you want.

I think the Silicon Valley Study Tour is a great opportunity to look at things from a different point of view despite the one we’re used to. Knowing such successful people and listening to their story is so beneficial for people that want to give society their contribution too. Silicon Valley is one of the biggest and advanced hub for technology and is also the key for its developement so it’s an extraordinary place for extraordinary people. A place where inspiration is just the beginning! Also, the fact that many people from various background get together to talk about challenging questions and try to give their thoughts about them is an outstanding opportunity to grow and to expand personal knowledge.

Hope to get to know everyone and to discuss together.

Roberta Maria Pia Rizzo

Valerio Marco
    @valeriomarcociampi

Hey guys, how’s it going?

Today we had our first (or at least my first) webinar and the host was Andrea Baldini [Breed Reply]. He told us about his experiences, especially about Cisco Silicon Valley, and his adventures all over the world (the USA, the UK, Singapore and so on…). Super interesting. Moreover he focused on cyber security: what do you think about it? Anything to add?

In case you lost it, it’ll be added soon on this YouTube channel, if I’m not wrong: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8BpyAO694xIf08m0_ZMBWQ

You can text me on Linkedin, just to share something! See you around guys, bye!

VMC

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 168 total)
  • The topic ‘Go to Silicon Valley Virtually 2020’ is closed to new replies.