Home Forums Silicon Valley Study Tour – 20-26 August 2017 Novara Silicon Valley 2017

287 replies, 17 voices Last updated by Marta Pancaldi 2 years, 6 months ago
  • Martina Valentini
    Participant
    @martinavalentini

@andreaannalisa great work, I wrote to our university page and soon will publish a post to let us know!

Domenico Talento
    Participant
    @domet97

Good Evening Everybody! @gabbo Sorry if I reply you too late but I’m working really hard organizing an event for a startup on 7th of April and I’m preparing an exam for the next monday! So Busy! Although, I would just to say that your startup is really fine , I really like your work and your idea to make advertiser’s life easier, I have suggested your platform to many startupper and I hope they will use that! Hope to see you in SV and have good notice from you! Good night!

Domenico Talento
    Participant
    @domet97

I think that some of us are doing a very huge work ! We all hope to see results in crowdfunding campaign because we are giving all our heart to go in Silicon Valley and I think that we deserve it! Come on guys ! We are on the ball!

Carlo Zanotti
    Participant
    @carlozanotti

Thanks @gabbo for your job request. It’s really interesting for me. Unfortunately I’m studying, by myself, the preliminar languages like HTML. Maybe in the future could be be a great opportunity thanks again.

Martina Valentini
    Participant
    @martinavalentini

http://www.ansa.it/sito/notizie/tecnologia/software_app/2017/04/03/snapchat-arriva-ricerca-nelle-storie_5e79fcf1-0a24-4991-a53b-2d827c814d24.html

Snapchat is trying to expand its offer and its target. Have they read our debate?

Alberto Conte
    Participant
    @albertoconte

Good morning, everyone!

Thank you so much for information, @gabbo. I am filling the application form. Congratulations, it is a great startup and a wonderful opportunity!
    Concerning me, I am finishing my Management & Finance Msc in July/November, and it would be so great to work in a so innovative company like yours after my degree. Hope to see you in SV during SVST.

Anyway, @martinavalentini I really think they listened to our conversation hahah Big Brother! Just joking. Anyway, I think they need to innovate over and over again in order to be a real alternative to Fb, if they want so. I am very curious to see how FBvSNAP will end up.

federico camera
    Participant
    @federico

hey guys!

in our university is just arrived this spinoff http://iusefor.it! they are pushing a lot on high formation and they are going to take our university in the https://www.ashoka.org/ network, a social innovation movement that gather all the biggest university in the world, and whats to solve problems making our life better;

does anyone knows them?

Martina Valentini
    Participant
    @martinavalentini

Good evening @federicocamera, I didn’t know this important spinoff in our univerisity. I don’t know if they can help us but we can contact them.  We never don’t stop!

I saw their website, they may be interested in an exchange of contacts with institutions or to their section ‘export’.

Paolo Marenco
    Keymaster
    @paolomarenco

Good link Federico&Martina, Candiotto knows very well,  he can support yr approach to…talk to him!

Carlo Zanotti
    Participant
    @carlozanotti

Thanks for your link @federico. No I didn’t know this spin off, I watched few minutes, it seems interesting. Thanks again.

I want to share with you an Italian StartUp, by twins from Turin, named GET. The video will explain you everything, but basically it function with a bone conduction by a bracelet. You can listen (with your finger close to the ear) the call and  the message with Bluetooth connection. Moreover you can personalize your activity by the app. In my opinion is a great idea and the cost isn’t so high. What do you think about?

http://www.getwearable.net/media/

• This reply was modified 2 years, 7 months ago by Carlo Zanotti.
    Martina Valentini
    Participant
    @martinavalentini

@carlozanotti hello, I know this app, Alessandro told me about it. I was very fascinated and still can not believe it, how is it possible?

Trought Bluetooth, the bracelet and BONES manages to create this connection. just one word: WOW!

only question, Do you think may be harmful to our body?

In any case, I wish the guys luck they deserve!

Domenico Talento
    Participant
    @domet97

OH MY GOD! Really really thank you @carlozanotti , I’m a wearable tech fan and I have never seen something like that! I’m gonna buy it, if something would like to buy that magician tool with me we can have a discount ! Let me know , it’s absolutely incredible !!!!!!

Andrea Annalisa Baiardi
    Participant
    @andreaannalisa

Hi everyone sorry if I’m not super active in these days but I’m studying a lot, on monday I will have a very hard exam like Carlo so I’m living on my books. @carlozanotti wow is super interesting! I love the connection between the human gestures and technology. It is not the same thing but recently some scientists have invented a glove robot that if worn it translates in words the language of the signs of the sordomutis. Technology can change our lives, it is this that fascinates me more of the progress as its application can resolve the great and small daily problems. I leave you the link of the article his inventor has only 16 yo!  http://www.focusjunior.it/tecnologia/invenzioni/un-giovane-russo-inventa-guanto-per-far-parlare-i-sordomuti

Paolo Marenco
    Keymaster
    @paolomarenco

Supercool Deed, Get! thanks @Carlozanotti

Sorry to enter in this cool discussion with a announce.

Follow live on Facebook Confindustria Genova page, tomorrow morning 8 am conference of Saverio Murgia, Engineer from UNIGE , SVST 2014.

The young story of Eyra and its technology for blind people Horus, born after the SVST,  is amazing and only at the beginning.
    If you cannot follow live streaming, from friday afternoon or monday, you could follow recorded on Confindustria Genova Coffetech page ( cool event, all fridays, since 4 months)

• This reply was modified 2 years, 7 months ago by Paolo Marenco.
    Alberto Conte
    Participant
    @albertoconte

Hi everyone.

Wow, I think that GET is a really nice idea! It would be the best if an option like that is integrated into a wearable device like the AppleWatch, in order to make an “independent” device that doesn’t necessary need other tools like bluetooth Headphones. I laughed out loud when I saw the part of the presentation video in which the guy listened to a football match during a date with a girl! Another useful (but not so innovative) wearable device is Senstone (http://senstone.io), that lets you easily “write” whatever you have in mind without writing it. Really useful for those like me that needs to write every time tons of “brilliant” thoughts in the wrong moments. I am waiting for a device that can understand our thoughts and copy them into word documents (there are some news about it for those who are not able to speak and that’s a real innovation! http://www.ansa.it/scienza/notizie/rubriche/biotech/2016/11/14/un-computer-legge-il-pensiero-e-lo-traduce-in-testi_59f700e0-a885-4008-b540-20e815060671.html). For me, a device like that would be so useful and it can make a sort of revolution, allowing us to make a new and fast form of writing (I really love writing and for me it would make a change).  Another useful (made in Italy and modular) wearable device is Amyko, that was made during a previous edition of Startupbus: it’s a wearable device made for our health and assurance (https://amyko.it), easy, nice and cheap.

Moreover, concerning Horus, I’d like to thank you, @paolomarenco: it would be really interesting to follow the event. I knew about Horus, thanks to StartupItalia where I read about it 2 years ago: http://blog.startupitalia.eu/73576-20150314-crowdfunding-di-successo-30k-a-horus-che-migliora-la-vita-dei-non-vedenti. I really think that devices made for deaf-mute or blind people or people with other pathologies could really make the difference into the medical field and I really hope for the future that there will be more and more private and public social funds made for this kind of products/devices.

Finally, about FB page, what if we make all the time bilingual (IT/EN) posts? So, we can have an international audience. I have no problem about making ITtoEN translations. In this way, we can potentially catch attention of more and more people. What do you think about? Is it ok to do so, @paolomarenco?

Viewing 15 posts - 256 through 270 (of 288 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Responses

1. Pingback: Novara Silicon Valley 2017 - Fondazione Novara Sviluppo

Comments are closed.