Home Forums Silicon Valley Study Tour – August 2019 Roma Silicon Valley 2019

3 replies, 4 voices Last updated by Valerio Rossi 5 years, 2 months ago
  • Paolo Marenco
    Participant
    @paolomarenco

This discussion Forum is for the selected  students  by Lazio Universities- a part Roma Tre that is our historical  partner since 2007, Innovaction Lab has been inspired by a SVST 2008 participant from Roma Tre, Carlo Alberto Pratesi– and/or innovation partners like Luiss Enlabs ,  ILs-Milano  (Roma office); Tor Vergata University. The Tour of end of August 2019 will be also for managers and entrepreneurs from all over Italy.

Here the Students have to introduce theirselves, their studies, experiences, trips, goal with the attendance to Silicon Valley Study Tour . This Forum will be moderated by Daniel Romano, Alumnus SVST 2017.

We are happy to launch this discussion Forum with the report written by Pavia University student Lara Princivalle , great attendee of SVST 2015, now working in Trento, after the degree in Pavia.

Finally, read  what the attendee Fabio Vantaggiato Business Grad of Milano Bicocca University,   kept from the experience of SVST 2018. He’s working now in TAG Calabiana

Are you interested to join the Tour?

introduce yourself here!

Daniel Romano
    Participant
    @daniel-romano

Hi fellows!

My name is Daniel and I will be the moderator of this forum dedicated to you 🙂 This forum is where the selection for the Silicon Valley Study Tour 2019 happens –>little tip: give your best!

But let me briefly introduce myself, so that you can learn a little bit about me! You already know my name (Daniel), I’m 26 years old and I live in Milan! I got a Bachelor’s Degree and a Master’s Degree at Politecnico of Milano in “Design and Architecture”, which means that I’ve been a designer for several years! But after that, as I started to study Economics, Business and Finance in University of Milano-Bicocca one year ago, I redeemed myself from being a designer (joking obviously 😉 design is great!). As a matter of fact, being that kind of rascal that loves numbers, data, analysis and formulas, that’s where I started to add the business skills to my profile. In particular, I deeply fell in love with the world of startups, and that’s what I do everyday; right now I’m working on two different startup projects with two different teams, in both of them as a part of the founding team (role in business obviously, and, oh God, design when needed) and I also have a part-time job in a startup incubator in Milan.

Of course I took park in the Silicon Valley Study Tour 2018 last august as a partecipant, and now I’m on the other side as you can see 😉 But this is the first and last time I speak about myself in this forum! Now it’s your turn to introduce yourself, tell everyone something about you and start to discuss about the tech and innovation topics you are interested in the most! The selections for the 2019 participants as you know, will be based on your activity on this forum so keep it simplebe creative and interact with one another.

I’m gonna start the dance with this article about Iot an AI:”IoT at the edge: how AI will transform IoT architecture“. What do you thing about the topic? Go deep inside it and tell us your ideas! Obviously share with us your other interests about tech and innovation in general!

Take care,

D.

• This reply was modified 5 years, 4 months ago by Daniel Romano.
    Lorenzo Daidone
    @lorenzodaidone

Hi everybody!

I’m Lorenzo Daidone, I attended the Silicon Valley Study Tour this summer. This experience changed my life and my career.
    I would like to share with you my crowdfunding story. When I was selected to partecipate in the experience I was really excited but I wasn’t able to pay it…but in the end I went to California!

For many of you the crowdfunding way could be a good opportunity.

How did I do? Find out more at: https://youtu.be/eY5UxCM_Ras

Valerio Rossi
    Participant
    @valerio-rossi

Hi everyone,

I am Valerio Rossi, Electronic and Communication Engineering student from Roma Tre University.

I am CEO of Monugram, the winning startup of “Dock3 – The Startup Lab”, a startup program sponsored by Roma Tre University. Monugram is famous as “Shazam” of monuments, a mobile app that uses A.I. in order to recognize any monument by taking a picture and that describe it in audio/text way. A.I. is in app back-end and is aimed to provide a customized travel experience for any single user creating a specific traveler profile. This is possible collecting and analyzing data from the pictures taken for recognitions and other actions in app that are matched with instant data such as: timing, weather and much more.

I had the honor to be able to pitch and present Monugram to New York Startup ecosystem in a 10 days tour in NY for VC funds, BA, Accelerators, Incubators and big companies (Google, Microsoft…) arousing interest and creating a good partners network.

I am also a youth European delegate and thanks to my technical background I can match my engineering skills with my passion for the institutional bodies. I recently organized a workshop in European Parliament about GDPR explaining the technical basis of Machine Learning and A.I. technology linking it with the standards of the new European Privacy Policy.

Nice to meet you guys 😁

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘Roma Silicon Valley 2019’ is closed to new replies.