Home Forums Silicon Valley Study Tour – August 2020 UniPV Silicon Valley 2020

181 replies, 41 voices Last updated by Paolo Marenco 3 years, 6 months ago
  • Stefania Tibiletti
    Participant
    @stefaniatibiletti
    Here we are for the 6th running year, selecting students from UniPv to attend the Silicon Valley Study Tour in August 2020. The selection will be made according to the discussion here, your attendance at the conferences and your LinkedIn profile.

Program of the videoconferences at this link

The next Tour will be for students, managers, entrepreneurs, professors, and researchers.

After years of distinct Tours, we understood that mixing the age and experience of attendees is a great value for everyone.

A book ” Tra Italia e Silicon Valley. I migranti tech dal 2000 al 2020″ written by 60 Italians in Silicon Valley to tell their stories will be given before the Tour to the attendees of SVST 2020, as a unique information base.

Introduce yourself here, telling why you are interested in the project!

Notice

For the security of the web site, to partecipate to the discussion forum you must be registered at the www.siliconvalleystudytour.com

Your registration must be approved by the Administrator. 
    After you receive an email with subject “Membership Approved” you can login and start interacting with the rest of the community.
    Gabriella
    @gabriellalocati

Hey! My name is Gabriella, I’m currently on my second year of a bachelor in of “Political sciences and international relations”. I recently come back in Italy from a semester in France; restless to find new adventures I’m looking forward to partecipate to this new set of conferences. I am eager to broad my knowedge and perhaps, even to find a brand-new domaine that might thrill me and engage me. I came here to open my mind to different opportunities; Furthermore I was pleasantly surprised by how one of the previous winner of the scholarship accounted for her own experience from the previous tour and I felt particularly engaged by her story. This project seems to have changed a lot of lives and opened many doors for its partecipants and I hope to be able to be yet another person it is going to have its life transformed by it.

-Gabriella

Ismaele
    @ismaelepaoli

Welcome Gabriella and welcome everybody into this forum to attend the Silicon Valley Study Tour 2020. I am Ismaele Paoli, alumnus of the Silicon Valley Study Tour 2017 (you find everything in my LinkedIn profile), I will share and discuss with you many topics linked to the Silicon Valley mood and environment.

I just want you to know that the Tour is something that can change your life and open many doors…so be ready to catch and live this amazing opportunity.

Now please introduce yourself in the discussion saying who you are, your background and why you are interested in joining this adventure…updates will follow! 😉

Lorenzo
    Participant
    @lorenzolacchini

Hi guys,

my name is Lorenzo Lacchini and I’m 24 years old. I graduated in Political Sciences and International Relations, I’m attending my second year of major degree in Economic Development and International Relations. I’m from Lodi but I’m actually spending my Erasmus period in Lisbon.

Basically, I’ve always been fascinated by technology, in particular by everything related to computing and electronics. Moreover, I have also a big passion for videogames, in fact, 3 years ago I’ve decided to build my gaming computer by myself, starting watching tutorials on YouTube. Personally, I find this initiative as an important opportunity for us to live, even if for a few days, how and where the biggest ideas were born and developed, this is so exciting. I’d like to spend a few words talking about crowdfunding. It’s been a great opportunity to have the starting boost for many Start-Ups (for ex. Docety is an Italian start-up of e-learning) and I’ve found great how Valerio used this opportunity to finance his trip.

Lorenzo Lacchini

• This reply was modified 4 years ago by Lorenzo.
    • This reply was modified 4 years ago by Lorenzo.
    Niccolò
    @niccolopuppo

Hello guys!

My name is Niccolò Puppo. I’m a student of Digital Communication and I graduated last year in Communication, Innovation and Multimedia.

I’m 24 years old and since I remember I always loved two things: technology and comic books. I think this is an immense opportunity that are you giving to us. The Silicon Valley for many aspects is the “brain” of the world and definitely the land of technological innovation. I’m here since I want to learn as much as I can and I genuinely belive that this forum and the conferences will be a great chance to get in touch with fascinating realities that have changed the world in no time. Hearing the stories of some of the old partecipants and how this experience helped them to grow profesionally, made me extremely motivated to attend all the activities that you will offer to us.

Giorgia
    @giorgiaamatemaggio

Hello everyone,

my name is Giorgia, I’m 21 years old and I’m currently attending my third year as a Bachelor student in Communication, Innovation and Multimedia. I’ve always been a curious kind of person,even as a child. I find myself trying to achieve as many experiences as possibile to have a better understanding of the World we are currently living in. I’ve spent last year in Bamberg, a small city nearby Nürnberg (DE) as an Erasmus student and that experience has just confirmed to me tha knowing new places, meeting new people and share opinions and beliefs is the most effective way we have to expand our knowledge.  For this reason I’m determined to active participate to this forum and attend the conferences, to expand my understandings in different fields, not only the one I’m studying for. Therefore I find this project a great opportunity not only for job purposes but also for personal growth.

What it is in your opinion the best way to widen our horizons ?

Given the current emergency situation in our country, I would like to express all my hopes that every each of you and your families are fine.

Have a nice day,

Giorgia

Jacopo
    @jacopotirintilli

Hello everybody and nice to meet you! I’m Jacopo Tirintilli, a student of CIM (Communication Innovation and Multimedia) at the University of Pavia. I’ll graduate at the end of April and I’m so happy to have reached this goal. Can’t believe it! But my story at UniPV started four years ago, when I decided to study Economy…which turned out to be..well..a big mistake! That’s why I gave only 5 exams in 2 years. Luckily, I soon discovered the world of communication and advertising and I immediately understood it would have been the right path for me. Changing my course was the natural consequence and after two and a half years…here I am!

This experience has taught me lots of things. First and foremost, I’ve learnt that there is nothing better than doing something that you truly enjoy and thanks to this university course I’ve also understood that communication is what I want to focus on in my future.

I literally go nuts for California, though I’ve never been there (but it’s my biggest dream). I’m so excited about this opportunity and I think that visiting the Silicon Valley is top of the list for anyone interested in the field of communication. I’ll be honest, I don’t even know what to expect from this new adventure, but I’m sure that it will definitely change our lives and I’m ready to put all my effort and dedication into it, as I’ve always done in my life. I want to grab this great new chance, open up to others, and give a 100%.

I’m a very sociable and curious guy, I’m interested in meeting new people, listening to them, learning from them and sharing ideas. Like you guys, Lorenzo and Niccolò, I’m very fascinated by technology , though, I must admit, I don’t have the right skills to create computer games! ahahah! I do have good filming and editing skills though as I’m very keen on recording videos!

Dear Giorgia, we probably are classmates! it’s amazing! Anyway, I think the best way to widen our horizons is to get out of our perspective getting out of the comfort zone.

I can’t wait to get started and get to know you! 🙂

See you!

Jacopo

• This reply was modified 4 years ago by Jacopo.
    Andrea
    @andreastroppa

Good afternoon everybody,

I am Andrea Stroppa, 23 years old and I am from Lodi, a small city close to Milano. Actually I am following the last year of CPM (Professional Communication and Multimediality).

In my life I had the fortune and the pleasure to travel throughout many countries, discovering and experiencing lots of different cultures and ways of thinking.

I spent my last semester studying in the National Taipei University of Technology in Taipei, Taiwan, experience that helped me open even more my mind, grow and allowed me to understand what I really love to do in my life. If I have to underline something that makes me really feel good, for sure that would be freedom. And, what is Silicon Valley if not freedom? Freedom to try, to experiment, to test. Sometimes failing, sometimes succeeding with the goal of always being one step forward. Improve. That is basically the reason why I am attracted and fascinated by that reality and, consequently, also why I decided to follow these conferences and catch this great opportunity. I am sure this could bring me to the next level and I will do my best for it. I am ready, what about you?

I will leave here my LinkedIn account. Please feel free to add me.

Thanks, have a great day.

Andrea.

Martina
    Participant
    @martinamorabito

Hi everyone,

my name is Martina Morabito I am 26 years old. I attend the first year of master’s degree in CoD (Digital Communication).
    I graduated in banking economics, unfortunately my path was not easy and I always knew that it was not what he did for me, but through the study of some subjects (marketing and economics and business management) I discovered what was my true vocation. So I chose this master’s degree program, I couldn’t have made a better choice.
    I always thought that every person should be moved by their passions to make the best of it, so it was for me. I spent the first semester studying really hard, so during the first session – in just 20 days – I passed 5 subjects with excellent grades.
    For the first time I finally felt I was in the right place, I finally found my place in the world.

Since I was a child, the things that fascinated me most were the use of PC and TV advertising.
    I enjoyed playing DOS and seeing all the green characters that came up when I typed on the keyboard.
    After playing with DOS, with the release of the new operating system “windows 95” my father made me discover “Paint” and how to draw with the mouse. The anecdote I always tell is that during these scribbles with my father, we had to clear the workspace. In a split second, I immediately spotted the eraser. From that moment on I became the person who solves the technological problems of friends and relatives. When I joked with my parents I told them that one day I would work for Google. Today, thanks to this fantastic project, this could somehow bring me closer to my dreams.

About my other passions, i love tv series and movies. They have always been an important part of my life. in 2015, as a self-taught, I decided to open a facebook page as a fanpage for a TV series, with its website created thanks to WordPress. In this case my interest was not so much focused on the TV series in particular, but to create a service for many fans. My facebook page has reached 10,000 likes.

In 2009 I participated in a school project called “leonardo smile”. The aim of the project was to bring fourth and fifth year high school students into contact with a foreign country. Instead of the classic study holiday, this consisted of a working holiday. I had the opportunity to learn English, being in contact with native speakers. In addition, I also had the opportunity to live with people from different European countries, and it made me expand my communication skills, already acquired thanks to the scouts and lastly I used them during the Way of St. James, which I carried out in 2018, thanks to whom I have lived in contact with many people.
    During the Way of St. James I tested my physical strength and also my mental strength. I went beyond limits that I didn’t think I would ever be able to overcome, always knowing the maximum limit how far I could go. This is why I also learned to take care of myself.

Finally, I hope that thanks to the conferences and this forum I can get closer to new perspectives and realities.

Have a nice day!

Martina

Elvira
    @elvira-dimascio

Hello guys!

My name is Elvira Di Mascio, I’m 21 years old, I’m from Chieti (Abruzzo), but I’m based in Pavia, where I’m attending the second year of bachelor’s degree in Political Sciences and International Relations. Like most of you has said before, I think is fundamental understanding what are your personal skills and interests, to find your right way in studies, in order to get a job in future which would gratify yourself. During my high school period, I truly believed I wanted to study medicine…Luckily, in a year, I understood that Biology and Physics really wouldn’t satisfy my interests: I realized I’ve got unquenchable curiosity for current affairs, so I decided to start my Political sciences study course here in Pavia, and I loved it right away! I’m really proud of my choice because, in my opinion, this degree covers many areas of knowledge, from History to Economics, and it’s giving me capabilities to understand at the best issues of the world around us.  Now I’m searching new experiences that would enhance my disciplinary background and develop my critical sense. In fact, last week, I also completed my application for Erasmus programme. In this sense, Silicon Valley study tour is a great opportunity and I don’t want to waste it. Besides, I’ve never been in America at all, it would be the first time for me: I really want to see those cities, their ways of seeing things, which, as the girl in conference has said yesterday, are very far away from our everyday life, and we can’t understand them without see them.

I’m looking forward to knowing all of you! I wish you a good afternoon!

Elvira

Fabiana
    @fabianadurso

Hi guys,

I’m Fabiana and I’m 20. Just you to know I’m a CIM student (second year) and I’m very pleased with my choice cause I’m enjoying my studies so much.

I embrace the motto “carpe diem” so here I am 😊. I think that would be stupid not to take this great opportunity, especially for a student of communication just like me because it gives me the possibility to be part of an important network of people that may be crucial for my future. This experience could be a key point on my life and I really hope it will be, even because right now, I still don’t know which job I want to do after my degree, so I do expect to clear my mind with this “project”

Furthermore I love to travel, adventures and challenges.

I hope to meet you soon guys! 😉

Riccardo
    @riccardobusoni

Hi Everyone!

I’m Riccardo Busoni, 24 years old, I am attending the second year of political science and international relations.

I’ve decided to partecipate in this project for the amazing opportunity to get in touch with great people and companies which are leading us in the future and learn everything i can from them. Like a political science student i also would understand what makes the silicon valley, ”The silicon valley” and which elements could be reproposed in our country to try to make it more attractive for investments in technology field and to stimulate innovation. Moreover i have a strong interest about space exploration which is coming back important due to new private agencies some of which have their headquarter right there, in the silicon valley. Finally will be intresting share this experience with other student and manager in order to discuss about opportunities, issues and solutions through a cross-disciplinary background.

Alessandra
    @alex1930

Hi guys,

I’m Alessandra and I’m 51. I am a working student and I’m a primary school teacher in Milan but I come from Sicily which is a fantastic land full of beautiful people! I’m a political science student not attending because of my job and I am interested in a university choice that gives me the opportunity to strengthen my basic culture for the benefit of my future because I am still a precarious worker…😬 I think that the Silicon Valley 2020 could be an interesting study experience to broaden my communication skills.

Just now I wish everyone a good night.

Alessandra.

Katherine
    @jacomegomez

Hi everybody,

I’m Katherine, second year student of Economic Development and International Relations.

I am 23 years old and I feel both European and American citizen, since I was born in South America and grew up in Italy. I am currently studying at the University of Groningen in the Netherlands. I also studied in Ireland in the last semester of my Bachelor’s degree, and in Buenos Aires for the third semester of my Master’s degree. I can only be grateful for these experiences that have changed my life and the perspective I have of the world around me. I think that a new country enriches our background and gives us several new ideas to improve our lives. That’s why I felt very excited when I heard Margherita’s story. She really motivated me to participate in this experience. I am also very impressed with how the Silicon Valley Study Tour has changed students’ lives in an impressive way.

In conclusion, I hope to have interesting conversations with all of you guys and I’m pretty sure we will gain a lot from these conferences and discussions.

… And since networks are really important to create connections, this is is my LinkedIn account if you want to add me.

• This reply was modified 4 years ago by Katherine.
    • This reply was modified 4 years ago by Katherine.
    Federica
    @federica99

Hi everyone!

My name is Federica, I’m 21 and I’m currently on my second year of a bachelor in CIM(Communication, Innovation and Multimedia). Before this, I attended the linguistic high school, thanks to which I had the opportunity to travel many times to improve my languages. The first year, I went to Dublin, Ireland, and honestly, as my first trip, it was amazing. The following year I went to Hastings, in the UK, and the last day I went to London, that was like a dream come true for me, considering that I’ve dreamed to go there since I was very little. Then, the third and fourth year I went to Germany, which was unexpectedly amazing because, I have to say, at first I was sceptical(even though I don’t know why, it was just a sensation), but I had to change my mind and I’m happy for this. Finally, in the last year I went to Greece but that was not a good trip, because of a bad organization.

After high school, when I had to choose what I wanted to do next, I was pretty sure. I wanted to study psychology and become a child psychologist. But then I discovered CIM(which I didn’t even know the existence) and something changed in me. I’ve read all about it and I got so passionate about it that I decided to go for it. And now, 2 years later, I don’t regret to have followed my gut.

This opportunity, the Silicon Valley, is a dream for me because of what I want to do in the future, because I think it’s a huge opportunity for every person that will go there, and also because California it’s my dream since forever! Even if I’m not sure I’m gonna “win”, I wanted to try anyway because “if you never try you’ll never know” right? And also because in this moment of my life I feel like I really need an opportunity like this, I need to get away from here, from my everyday life and try to do something good for me and my future. I really hope to be one of the lucky ones.

I’m sorry if I’ve spoken too much, I’m a little chatty!

Anyway, I hope to meet you guys soon.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 182 total)
  • The topic ‘UniPV Silicon Valley 2020’ is closed to new replies.