Home Forums Silicon Valley Study Tour – August 2020 VCO Silicon Valley 2020

26 replies, 13 voices Last updated by Paolo Marenco 3 years, 6 months ago
  • Timothy Thompson
    Participant
    @timothythompson

Hey @alexbisetti welcome to the community! nice to hear that! Keep sharing your thoughts and energy, we are the first changemakers for a present-future better society.

Guys, tonite we’re going to tune in newly for a call, do join so that we could keep share some ideas and know each other further.

If you haven’t got the invitation yet, just get in using the following link: svst.it/call.

We’re going to kick off the meeting at 6.30 pm.

Have a nice day.

Simone Dalledonne
    @simone-dalledonne

Hi guys!

As I promised you, this is the link of the first PoliTO conference. Enjoy the video!

https://drive.google.com/file/<wbr />d/1KAsMDAoymOunyGKJ5ygnRi98da-<wbr />d4eLP/view?usp=sharing

David
    @daviddjokovic

Hey everyone!
    Although I signed up late I would still like to introduce myself:)

My name is David Djokovic, I’m 18 years old and I am currently attending my last year of high school in “Liceo G. Spezia” in Domodossola, where I live.

My biggest passions are traveling and discovering new cultures, languages, and mindsets. Because of my curiosity in August 2018, I left Italy and went to the Netherlands as an exchange student. That has been an amazing year and only after I came back I realized how living outside the comfort zone and in a completely unknown place has allowed me to grow up mentally.
    Since I was a child sports have played a big role in my life, not even the lockdown has stopped me from my trainings (all at home ofc)! I practiced more than 10 different sports but I am not interested only in them as an athlete, I really like the whole industry behind them such as sports engineering, performance tracking technologies, and the sport brands!

One day I would like to be part of the sports industry as a manager, thus in September I’m starting BIEM (bachelor in International Economics and Management) in Bocconi and I am really excited about it.
    Last September I’ve been elected president of the “consulta provinciale degli studenti”, an institution that has the opportunity to organize events, give schools exchange opportunities and many other things! Thanks to this experience I had some management lifestyle taste and it has been a really good experience even if pretty much all the projects planned have been stopped due to COVID 🙁

Wow, that’s already a lot about me, but one more thing! My personality is easily summarized in the word “curios”: I am interested in everything from economics to philosophy and social sciences.
    I really hope to find out something new in the SVST experience!

P.S I wish you a happy Easter!

Paolo Marenco
    Participant
    @paolomarenco

meet.google.com/uhz-vquj-wub <wbr />

Hey guys join the 2 web conferences of Politecnico di Torino , April 21 Andrea Scianò, May 13 Andrea Baldini, 2 cool guys. 5,30-7 pm.

Going to …Go To silicon Valley 2020 😉

Emanuele
    @emagirla

Hey everyone!

My name’s Emanuele. I live in Crevoladossola and study Communication in Varese. I’m also really into graphic design, fashion, mixed martial arts and bizarre lists of interests that don’t really fit together.

I’m confident this experience will be a great opportunity and I hope I’ll be able to meet y’all soon! 🤙🏻

Simone Dalledonne
    @simone-dalledonne

Hi everyone!
    Yesterday’s conference was fantastic! I found the experience of Andrea Scianó really interesting because it is a very transversal history!
    He covered many topics about Silicon Valley, how Italians are considered there and also how much your network is important to achieve some goals.
    If yesterday you had not been able to connect, there is no problem! You can review the conference whenever you want at this link: videoconferece recording (https://drive.google.com/file/d/1EX2d4tg05GcONYOw2aA3uzVNry42GY-N/view?usp=sharing)

This morning I looked for the YouTube video that Andrea mentioned about Loris Degioanni and fortunately I found it!
    I put the link below, I highly recommend you to see it!

This video is from 2011, when Loris was being director of Riverbed, just after the sale of Cace Technologies to Riverbed. The following year he founded Sysdig, where Andrea is still working.
    I would like you to discuss about the open source, the tool that allowed Loris to begin his entrepreneurial journey. The open source is one way to achieve more visibility and also to improve your informatics skills. Have you ever participate in an open source project? Do you know some interesting open source tool?

Moreover, I would like to talk with you about the role of the network. Yesterday, Andrea said that his network has been central to his career. Do you think it is more important to develop a good network or your skills? Can a person without excelling at university, but with a good network, achieve certain results?
    Tell us what you think!

Paolo Marenco
    Participant
    @paolomarenco

@Stefan @daviddjokovic @emagirla  @giulio

happy to have seen you in PoliTo Conference on April 21st (Stefan and David)

If you are interested, compile the Form for Go To Silicon Valley Virtually 2020, VDC conference Cycle .

…it is going to become  very full!

David
    @daviddjokovic

Hi guys!

Just a couple of days ago during the meeting we had, someone of you (I think Timothy) mentioned Harari and today Montemagno had a live interview with him. It is only half of an hour long but Harari makes some really interesting points about the Covid situation. Check it out!

Alex Bisetti
    @alexbisetti

Hi! I hope eveybody are well.
    I was unable to participate in the last call :(.

What you talked about in it? Have you registered it?

Paolo Marenco
    Participant
    @paolomarenco

Hey all,

Here you can find the video conference program “Go to Silicon Valley Virtually 2020” and the Zoom link to follow it.

David
    @daviddjokovic

Hi everyone! I hope you are doing fine

We just had the meeting with Antonella Rubicco and Emilio Billi, cofounders of A3CUBE, and I really enjoyed it just like the previous ones. Although, I have to admit that I have been kinda shocked by something Emilio said. He basically explained how in the silicon valley he could dismiss an employee whenever he would without even giving an explanation or without saying it with some days in advance…and that’s fine, I knew it worked like that in the states. The problem is that later on, he added that he keeps on doing it in Italy, not carrying about the law because he thinks that’s how it should be and that he doesn’t have any problem with going in front of a judge to try to justify it.

Just as I said before, I didn’t enjoy this piece of speech. In my opinion, not giving your employees those rights gives them more stress and unhappiness in the working place and I think it is clear what are the outcomes of those states of mind. Moreover, they can probably feel less motivated to risk because if it turns out to be the wrong “experiment” they could be easily fired up. This brings the employee to be a machine that respects what the boss sais without really trying hard in the research…and I don’t think this is what someone working with AI would like.

This is my opinion summed up as much as possible, I would really like to hear yours!

Paolo Marenco
    Participant
    @paolomarenco

Hey all, I strongly advice you the attendance to this one day course   Saturday October 10th held by our friends (and super hosts in Silicon Valley) Emilio Billi and Antonella Rubicco

Emilio and Antonella tell the story of A3Cube,  born in Novara but grown in San Jose and the US Market, today based in Parco del Ticino @ Galliate over an Hydroetectric Power Plant…a must to see!

Join us!

Viewing 12 posts - 16 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • The topic ‘VCO Silicon Valley 2020’ is closed to new replies.